When you wish upon a dandelion your dreams come true.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The Discovery Trip :Post 1

Emmanuel Bozzi teaching us church history.
Oldest baptist church in Western Europe.
On Friday ,June 23, I set out on a voyage of discovery,of learning ,of adventure,and of surprises.OK,well maybe it wasn't quite that dramatic .Actually ,it was not dramatic at all.I mean when you spend the majority of your time in a 9 passenger van,it is not that much of an adventure,but I am getting a head of myself.As I was saying ,we left aroubd 2 o'clock from Limoges.I sat next to a scary old lady on the train who kept eating cherries.When we arrived in Paris ,we picked up Eric Bell ,who was suppossed to go with us on the trip.The 5 of us (My dad,Ross ,Me ,Eric and Rousseau,who is a man from our church,) set out on the RER.Do not ask me what that stands for,I have no clue.We arrived at the Bible institute in Chelles around 8.We met Katherine Frost,who was to be the ladies chaperone.She made a good ladies monitor since half of the guys on the trip were afraid of her.We were all exhausted and went to bed at 11ish.I thought that that was really late at night but I sound found out that 11 was extremely early!When we got up the next morning,we ate an early breakfast ,had a history class with Emmanuel Bozzi,discussed the Bible Institute with a young man named Hugo,and set out for the Calvinn Museum in Noyon.Later that day we went to Lille and saw the oldest baptist church in Western Europe.We sang and prayed there ,and it was very touching.Later on that night we ate dinner with Olivier Bourrel's family and then drove 45 minute(approx.) to spend the night with the sermons family ,who are missionaries.Eric ,Ross ,and I always sat together and had lots of fun.Of course ,when we were slap-happy ,you can imagine that it got kinda wild back there!

No comments: