When you wish upon a dandelion your dreams come true.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Camp in July

The boyz
everybody
the girlz
One week after I got home from the dicovery trip,I headed off to camp.Josh also went to camp for the first time.It was a lot of fun.Katherine from the trip was my monitor ,which took a little adjusting ;) .We did lots and lots of fun stuff like canoeing,playing games till midnight,rosting marshmellows,sleeping under the stars,and having a banquet.We went on a really big hike(11 KM to be precise).It wasn't supposed to be that long ,but the person with the compass got us a little lost.Oh well,everyone makes mistakes! That night,we slept in the forest.Apparentlly ,wild boars came to our camp site that night ,but I slept thru it.When w got back to camp the next day,I noticed that my legs were covered in red itchy bumps.When I counted ,I ahd over a hundred.I am told that I now have established a new record at the nursing station for something called aootas.They are little bugs that burry in your skin and stay there.It was sooooo gross.Ross and Evan(I am going to write an article on him) thought that it was really funny.But they were nice about it anyway.After passing a few miserable days ,they felt better and went away.The aootas ,that is ,not Ross and Evan!Camp was a real blast!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's really disgusting about the bugs...I think I would have flipped if I had those things under my skin.

Also, you must have had a blast on the hike! I know how much you love sports and exercise :)

Graci Kriss said...

Just for the record ,John, I did freak out.You can ask Ross !!!And the walk wasn't so bad except that it was 1OO degrees outside,our councelor got hurt and had to be taken back to the camp , we got lost,and we were walking in full sun uphill for 4 hours.It was very interesting!!!