ME and Mike going through our first scene where we are having a rather heated discusion!
All of the cast minus Joel. I was told that I look like I am a hobbit in this picture, but I hope that that is not true!
Naaman yelling at his family!
Me with my dad and bro. I always wanted a big brother so that worked out great!
I felt that I should put up at least one picture of the reader's theatre so here it is. I hope that it si not one of the blurry ones!
While we were at camp, we put on two big plays; a team play and Ruth( or reader's theatre for some). We put in hours and hours of rehearsals. It was actually a lot of fun, even though some of us were really tired of Ruth by the time that it was over(be honest,you know that you were!). I personally like the team plays the best. During the first week of camp, we had to write a play. Our team was assigned the story of Naaman, the man in the Bible who had leprosy. Anyway, Emily and I teamed up and we wrote our play and to my surprise (and delight) our play was chosen by Mr. Burke (who taught ua how to write scripts). Thank you Mr. Burke!!! In the play, we each had several jobs. In my case I was the "head scenic designer" and I wass an actor as well. I got to be Naaman's daughter, Jasmine. Jake was Naaman. It was really weird cuz I had to hug him in the play and we just couldn't get the hug right. By the way, when I originally wrote the play there was NO hugging.Heather was my Mom. And Mike was my brother. Joel and Emily were our servants. That part was fun,lol. EMily was not thrilled with her part, but she was able to put that behind her and she made a great slave!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment